Let’s Talk Turkey

October 27, 2011

Turkey Talk from Sewhooked

It’s time to talk turkey, specifically about Turkey Talk!

So, there’s this idea I’ve had for a long, long time. It didn’t really start to take shape until after I learned to embroider for The Project of Doom. Before that time, the design was never quite right.

And then, inspiration!

My turkey was too quiet.

It was simple. He just needed a few words.

Words are a miraculous thing. Once added, I couldn’t wait to get this wall hanging made to share with you!

Turkey Talk on Craftsy

$8 – PDF Instant Download

paper piecing, strip piecing and embroidery

Turkey Talk from Sewhooked

French Knot eye…see that embroidery is coming in handy!
Turkey Talk from Sewhooked

Gobble Gobble? That’s what he said!

Turkey Talk from Sewhooked

Quilting close-up. Done on my Babylock Quest

Turkey Talk, a veiew from the back.And, from the back. Guess who forgot to add a hanging sleeve? Dang it.

Turkey Talk alternative blocks

Why does this turkey make me so darn happy? I couldn’t say, but he really, really does!

Add your Sewhooked-related photos to my flickr group and you might be featured in a future post.

Sewhooked Shop | FB | SHFB | Flickr | Twitter | Bloglovin

1. January 3, 2013 08:36

That turkey is adorable. He will be perfect for my quilt of the month where I am sewing a block representing each month. I haven’t worked on it in a while but now I know where to get my turkey from.

2. November 5, 2013 14:39

I downloaded the free turkey pdf file, if I pay the 8$ will I receive more instructions ?

• November 5, 2013 14:49

Hi Judith,

I’m not sure which free turkey you might have downloaded. The pattern in the post you commented on is Turkey Talk. I want to make sure we’re talking about the same pattern before I answer your question. :)

• November 5, 2013 15:02

The pattern is called Turkey Talk (SH-Q0023) It did not come with a layout so I am a bit confused. Any help would be most appreciated.
        Thanks, Judith

• November 5, 2013 15:06

Judith,

I’d be very curious to know where you found the pattern for free. It’s only ever been a for sale pattern and you were able to get it for free somewhere, then I have a bit of a problem. The original pattern includes layout, paper pieced pattern and suggestions for embroidery.

Any help you can give me as to where you found it would be appreciated.

• November 5, 2013 15:08

Some how I managed to download it off your site. How odd. I am more than happy to pay you your eight dollars.

• November 5, 2013 15:10

Oh my goodness, that should not happen! I will look into it right away!

If you were able to download the pattern, it should be 8 pages long and the layout instructions are on the second page. Please let me know if that sounds like what you have.

Thanks, Judith!

3. November 5, 2013 15:12

Yes, there are eight pages, however page two has no layout.