TTMT #158 – Doom, I say!

April 17, 2012

In which I talk ALL about The Project of Doom. Yeah, baby!

Paper Pieced Pattern-A-Day Garden Party Blog Hop

Don’t miss the Garden Party Blog Hop, a free paper pieced pattern every day in April! This just in…come back for a surprise bonus border block on May 1 from Regina Grewe!

The Project of Doom on display at Hennig House Quilts
The Project of Doom on display at Hennig House Quilts

Sewhooked Shop | FB | SHFB | Flickr | Twitter | Bloglovin | Craftsy

Shop Sewhooked and help keep the free pattern page free!

Register Now for STITCHED and learn to paper piece with my full-length video workshop

1. Rachel permalink
    April 17, 2012 14:25

amazing!

2. April 17, 2012 14:40

The quilt is FANTASTIC! And Rock Creek Quilting did a beautiful job!!

• April 17, 2012 14:59

Thank you! It’s awesome to finally get to share the (almost!) finished quilt. I love Shannon’s work and highly recommend her. :)

3. Connie permalink
    April 17, 2012 15:02

It’s really fantastic! Great blocks, quilt layout, embroidery, wow! For someone new to embroidery, you really did a wonderful job on it. I’ve saved all the patterns, and hope to eventually make my own. I need a little Harry break for now, but maybe when my grandson is a bit older, I’ll make one for him. Oh, and the quilting is fabulous!

• April 17, 2012 15:08

Thanks, Connie! This was a super special project for me, and my last with hp_paperpiecing before transitioning to Fandom In Stitches. I loved every minute of if, even those when I was banging my head against my desk because something wasn’t working right!

Shannon does beautiful work and this is no exception!

4. soma1773 permalink
    April 17, 2012 15:27

That looks absolutely fantastic. This quilt design really symbolizes love for not only Harry Potter, but also books in general. Thank you so much for sharing. I love the back just as much as the front. The back, for me, resembles Egyptian pictographs. Great job for both of you!

• April 17, 2012 16:54

Thanks, Soma! The quilt is very symbolic for me. There’s a lot of love and feeling tied up into, my own Harry Potter journey as well as the journey I took with my family and with my online friends. :)

5. April 17, 2012 17:46

What a beautiful thing you have designed AND created!! Your Project of Doom is no less than amazing. I could tell from the expression on your face as you talked just how proud you are of what you have done. Congratulations!

I’ll send you a REAL paper letter and tell you all about my Project of Doom. I should be at your place in the not too distant future.

Bill Young

• April 18, 2012 11:09

Thank you, Bill. The whole project has been such a joy for me!

I will look forward to that real paper letter. I have kept all the cards and letters I received from the PoD and treasure them all!

6. April 18, 2012 07:20

Awesome Quilt!
    I so love the Projekt of Doom. I hope one day I have enough time to start my own PoD Quilt.

• April 18, 2012 11:09

Thank you! I hope you do make your own some day. The best part, is you can do just one block at a time and save them up until you have enough for a quilt!

7. Alyson Whatcott permalink
    April 19, 2012 15:34

This quilt is amazing and just what I am looking for. I found it just after you posted your video. I’ve been looking for a way to make a Harry Potter quilt for my daughter and THIS IS IT!!!! Thank you so much. I’m starting as soon as I get back from vacation. Please leave it on your website for a while.

• April 19, 2012 15:40

I have no intention of taking the patterns down, so you have nothing to worry about! Harry Potter gave me so much, friends, a community and one more reason to quilt, and this was my gift back. Please enjoy the patterns!