Tabby Thanks

August 24, 2012

Tackett

It’s been a crazy couple of weeks around here. My sweet tabby, Tackett, just finished a round of antibiotics, with two prescriptions left to go.

We still don’t know if he has cancer, but we’re optimistic. He’s more vocal, more energetic and he’s eating more. ALL are Good Things. If it is the big C? Well, we will continue to take the best care of him we can and make sure he had the happiest life a fur baby can have.

As a small thank you to everyone that has sent love and well wishes, and of course everyone that’s taken advantage of the Tackett sale, which has helped tremendously with the vet bill, I want to share this free pattern, Tabby Face. It’s a simple pattern based on two of my older designs, Grumpy Cat and Happy Cat.

tabby

Tabby Face!
5″ Paper Pieced Pattern (5 1/2″ unfinished)

Also available on Craftsy!

Tabby with whiskers

Here’s Tabby  Face with some spiffy Photoshopped whiskers!

Heh, yeah, embroidery would definitely look better…

tabby quilt

Tabby Quilt…why not?! 12 – 5″ blocks plus sashing and borders would make a super cute baby blanket!

Quilt designed in EQ7

Use coupon code TACKETT right here on Sewhooked and in my Etsy Shop for 25% off your total order during the month of August. This special coupon has been created as a fundraiser for my beloved and sick kitty, Tackett. Tackett is a regular visitor to Talk To Me Tuesday and even has his own Facebookpage. The great majority of the patterns I’ve designed have come into life with Tackett sitting in my lap or on my feet.

Have you made patterns or projects from Sewhooked? I would love to see!  Add them to the Sewhooked flickr group for a chance to be featured on my blog!

Learn to paper piece now through December with my full-length video workshop available throughSTITCHED. Registration is now only $40! Click for details

Sewhooked Shop | FB | SHFB | Flickr | Twitter | Bloglovin | Craftsy

1. Benedicit Daniels permalink
    August 24, 2012 17:20

So glad to hear Tackett is responding to the treatment !!! Thank you for the cat pattern. Pat

2. patricia permalink
    August 24, 2012 17:53

Myself and my four legged friends are so glad to hear Tackett is feeling better. Thank you so much for the tabby face. I cannot wait to use it.

• August 25, 2012 09:38

Thank you! I hope to have more good news soon, or at least news we can move forward with. Enjoy the quilt pattern. :)

3. Rosemary permalink
    August 9, 2013 19:59

Jennifer-Just caught your post on FavQuilts. Thanks for the great paper pieced kitties. We have 3 rescue feline and several years ago our big gray Tabby with tuxedo developed a liver infection and we had to feed him through a tube in his stomach for 6 months. The vet said they didn’t know how he developed the condition, but he takes meds daily and is fine now. It’s like having a child and they are unable to communicate. I hope Tackett is doing well.

• August 10, 2013 09:09

Hi Rosemary. Sadly, we lost Tackett earlier this summer. He lived about one year after his diagnosis. I still miss him every day. I hope that your big gray tabby continues to live a long and healthy life.

4. auntiepatch69 permalink
    September 9, 2014 12:59

So sorry to hear about Tackett. Just know that he’s over the Rainbow Bridge, happy and healthy, running and playing, and waiting for you. Blessings on your family.