Equality

March 27, 2013

Equality, a free paper pieced pattern

Equality
a 5″ pattern to paper piece

click to get it on Craftsy

I tend to be very closed mouthed about my political beliefs. This is a place for crafts and happiness, right?

This one, I just can’t be quiet on.

So I’m straight, yeah, you guys know that. I’ve been married to the best guy in the world for almost two decades.  I consider myself fortunate that I live in a country in which I can be married to the person I choose and I see a real problem with everyone not having the same choice.

That’s it. My soapbox. I’m straight, but I’m not narrow.

Learn more about the fight for LGBT rights at hrc.org.

Enjoy the free pattern and have a fabulous week!

Sewhooked Shop | FB | SHFB | Flickr | Twitter | Bloglovin | Craftsy | Etsy Shop

1. Lori Smanski permalink
    March 27, 2013 08:52

this is a great pattern. thank you

2. Judy permalink
    March 27, 2013 08:58

Hi, I have a question, I am totally new to paper piecing and when I looked at this pattern, I wonder why it is paper pieced. It seems it could be cut and sewn into a block. What am I missing. I do love the design, it is to clean and modern!!!

• March 27, 2013 09:00

It could absolutely be strip pieced, if you like. This one is paper pieced simply because it’s my preferred method. :)

3. March 27, 2013 09:06

Thank you this is an important issue. I hope our justice system recognizes that we can all love more that just the opposite sex.

4. March 27, 2013 09:15

Awesome. I’ve been meaning to make this for my sister-in-law.. strip pieced though, but I’m glad this is out there, and I’m glad that I am not the only quilter who feels this way!

5. March 27, 2013 09:53

Yup, totally off to go make one of my own! :0) I think I’ll hang it in my window…

6. Roubaix permalink
    March 27, 2013 10:10

Way to go Jennifer, I am impressed!

7. Jen Mitchell permalink
    March 27, 2013 10:14

Awesome!

8. March 27, 2013 10:18

Thank you so much for posting this. Many crafty blogs are covertly conservative, which is fine, to each their own and all that, but I have more than once been very disappointed to discover someone I had been following for years as strongly opposed to everything I believe in. This may sound rather ridiculous, but I am very, very relieved to find you are not one of them.
    Thank you. Also for the pattern, of course^^

• Roubaix permalink
      March 27, 2013 14:55

Ditto, I normally live in fear of saying anything. I lost my best friend (of 33 years) in 2008 when I became the veterans for Obama coordinator for NEPA.

9. Trudy permalink
    March 27, 2013 13:02

SO IMPRESSED that you took the step to address your opinion and create the block! Whether the block is ever made pales in comparison to your simple statement.

10. Pat V. permalink
    March 27, 2013 13:53

I’m with you! Thanks for the pattern and for taking a stand.

11. Carol Moler permalink
    March 27, 2013 14:53

Jennifer, Thank you, thank you, for not being “narrow” and for being wiling to craft and share a pattern in support of LGBT folks.

12. March 27, 2013 17:24

I love the block and the sentiment behind it! Everyone needs acceptance!

13. SueAnn Wirick permalink
    March 27, 2013 17:25

Good for you! I tend to make my political thoughts out there then I get slapped down. This one is important to me because of my cousins. Everyone has the right to be happy in heir life AND to be able to supply health benefits to their love one.