5 Minute Baby Booties

5 Minute Baby Booties

Well, okay, you’ve got me.  Five minutes might be a bit of an exaggeration.  Even so, I’d say 10-15 minutes tops to make these sweet little booties that I designed to accompany some loom knit baby hats I’ve been making to donate to a hospital where a friend works.

Make them for a baby you love or a baby in need!

queue on ravelry

printable version

You Need:

• small amounts of 1 each – baby yarn and worsted weight yarn.  I used I Love This Yarn and Bernat Baby Jacquards. You can also use two stands of sport/medium weight yarn.
  • K Hook

Ch 3, join in first st to form loop.

Round 1: ch 3, 8 dc in loop, join with sl st at top of ch 3.

Round 2: Ch 3, dc in each st around.  Join with sl st at top of ch 3.

Round 3: Ch 3, dc in each st around.  Do not join.

Round 4 – 5: ch 3, turn, dc in each st around.

Cuff: Continuing from round 5 and working along the side of the previously worked stitches which make the opening of the bootie:

5 minute baby bootie detail

Ch 3,  2 dc in each of the next three dc.  Dc once in each of the next two dc from round 2 that the beginning and ending sts of round 3 are worked in.  2 dc in each of the next three dc.  Join with a sl st to the top of starting ch 3.  Cut, leaving about an 8″ tail.  Whip stitch the back closed and finish off.

Five Minute Baby Booties

Hat & Bootie set for beshneela

Hat & Bootie set for beshneela

Add your Sewhooked-related photos to my flickr group and you might be featured in a future post!

FACEBOOK | TWITTER

Advertisements

21 thoughts on “5 Minute Baby Booties

1. Russia

Hi!

Was trying out ur pattern and I found it difficult to understand ur instructions..esp after Round 5.

Arhmm…after round 5, am i suppose to carry on till the desired length needed , then cuff it ? or thatz where u actually starts to cuff it?

1. ofenjen Post author

If you want to make the size bootie shown, then you start the cuff after round 5. If you’d like to make it a little longer, then you could probably add another row.

Hope that helps!

2. Rachel

I was wondering I could make booties from this pattern and sell them, please? They make wonderful looking camo booties when using camo and dark green.

1. ofenjen Post author

Hi Rachel,

I really appreciate your asking, but I do request that you only use my patterns for non-profit uses (for yourself or to donate to charity).

Thanks!

3. Judy

I really wanted to make these booties since they looked so simple, but your instructions are very difficult to understand. After round 5, I realized that it looked like half a bootie but I didn’t know where to go for the back or the cuff. Are you missing part of your instructions?

1. ofenjen Post author

Hi Judy,

Sorry about the delay in responding, I wanted to add a photo that I think might answer your question, which you can see in the original post.

The cuff is worked around the opening where you ch 3, turn.

Hope that helps!

1. ofenjen Post author

Try adding a couple of stitches to the first round. I haven’t tried making them a larger size, so you might need to do a little trial and error.

4. Leslie

i am sorry, but i still have a problem understanding the instructions after row 5. The pictures didn’t help. Thanks

5. Melissa

So cute, quick, and easy! Three of my favorite things 🙂
    I thought the picture helped illustrate the directions perfectly. Thanks!

6. Michelle

I always have trouble following a pattern. I read through your instructions several times and examined the pictures, and once I realized that I was not using a joining stitch on the 3rd, 4th and 5th rows, it was SO easy! I never would have thought of this myself. I did make one little change, tho, instead of dc’s for the cuff, I used hdc’s and 2 rows, because I like the thick look of those. I have a baby shower in 2 weeks, and I can see doing a full gift bag of these in different sizes and colors and textures! Thanks so much for posting your pattern!

7. Jasmine Starr Stedt

Brilliant, thank you! After looking around most of the day for something fast and simple, I stumbled on this pattern. I just whipped up a pair for my best friend’s newborn and I’m looking forward to tweaking the pattern and making bigger ones as he grows. THANK YOU!

8. Debby

I have been crocheting since I learned at the age of 10…let’s just say that 40+ years and I have never made a baby bootie in my life…I sat down with a hook and this pattern and was amazed at how easy it was for me to make these !!! Thanks soooo much for sharing with me…God bless !!!

9. Durinda

I love the pattern, I understood where you were going on row 5 but I was not sure how many DC to place so I guess you just wing it. What size would you say these are. I am making these for a friend that wants a mickey outfit for her newborn. I too wanted to ask about selling the items made from y0u item but i think you said no in an earlier post.