November, November! How did you get here so fast?
It’s hard to believe, but this is the next-to-last installment of Paper Piecing Vintage! The December update will include not only the final pattern, but the finishing instructions to turn each size block into a quilt (see the layout below).
Today we have Vestibule, a vintage inspired block. I really love this one, partially because it looks complicated, but it really isn’t!
As with all the blocks from PPV, Vestibule is entirely paper pieced and both 6″ and 12″ patterns are included.
Vestibule by Jennifer Ofenstein (sewhooked.com)
Already registered for PPV? Download your updated BOM file now!
Save some time by following these bonus directions:
- Both 6″ and 12″ blocks will stitch up even faster if you pre-cut (amounts are generous to allow for wiggle room)
- For the 12″ block, you’ll need the following:
- 4 – 4 3/4″ squares (background)
- 8 – 2 3/4″ x 4 3/4″ rectangles (background)
- 4 – 2 3/4″ squares (star centers)
- 16 – 2 3/4″ squares sub-cut into 32 triangles (star points)
- For the 6″ block, you’ll need the following:
- 4 – 2 3/4″ squares (background)
- 8 – 1 3/4″ x 4 3/4″ rectangles (background)
- 4 – 1 3/4″ squares (star centers)
- 16 – 1 3/4″ squares sub-cut into 32 triangles (star points)
- Have fun!
Don’t forget to sent in your 6″ signature block for the Paper Piecing Vintage Signature Quilt! Lots of great blocks have already arrived…huge thanks to everyone that has already sent in their block!
There’s still time to send in your Signature Blocks! All blocks received by December 31, 2014 will go into a keepsake quilt that includes the 2014 PPV Participants. Won’t you join us?
See your pattern for details and check out our Facebook Group for photos of blocks received so far!
Haven’t signed up for Paper Piecing Vintage yet? Registration for the entire year is just $12. That’s 12 patterns in two sizes (plus the occasional bonus!), entirely paper pieced for one awesome price! All patterns for the year to date are included when you download. Upcoming patterns will be added for you to download the first of each month in 2014.
Stop by the Sewhooked flickr group and share photos of your quilt blocks & projects made from Sewhooked patterns, including Paper Piecing Vintage or any other pattern (free or for sale) designed by me. You will each photo you share (one entry per project), you will be entered to win your choice of THREE individual block patterns ($2.95 or less each) from my Craftsy Shop!
Click on the banner to go Sewhooked flickr group. Winner to be announced November 3, 2014!
Craftsy | Etsy | Facebook | Sewhooked FB | Sewhooked Facebook Group