We’re back again with another fun post for 31 Days of Halloween!
Today, I’m sharing a fun, festive and very fall project, first created for a seasonal blog hop several years ago.
- 1 pumpkin, pieced at 10 1/2″ or 10″ finished (copy the free, 5″ pumpkin pattern below & enlarge at 200%)
- 2 maple leaves, pieced at 5 1/2″ or 5″ finished (free 5″ pattern link below!)
- 2 – 5 1/2″ squares of background fabric
- 2 – 2 1/2″ x 20 1/2″ strips of background fabric (stitch top and bottom)
- Piece as shown above to create a 20″ x 14″ placemat. Embellish & quilt as desired.
Feeling ambitious? Add some nine-patches or other 5″ blocks of your choice! This layout also includes a 1″ strip of background fabric between the pumpkin and other blocks.
For a slightly different look, try using the 10″ pumpkin pattern from Week 30 of the 2015 Project of Doom!