Hello, friends! Welcome once again to Free Pattern Friday!
It’s been a fun month of sharing free patterns and I hope you’ve enjoyed it as much as I have.
Today I’m sharing a pattern I designed for a friend ages ago. This was one of the first paper pieced patterns I incorporated embroidery into. See those tiny horns and the eye? French knots! You can also use a dot of fabric paint or marker if you’re not a fan of embroidery.
Pattern finishes 5″ or can be enlarged using Adobe Reader.
Pro-Tip: Add-A-Quarter & Add-An-Eighth rulers are SUPER helpful when paper piecing a block with tiny pieces. The video above shows the new Add-A-Quarter Plus.
- Add-A-Quarter 6″ Ruler – for trimming seams to 1/4″ as you go.
- Add-A-Quarter 12″ Ruler (the 12″ is by far my most used ruler)
- Add-A-Quarter Plus 6″ Ruler – Includes straight edge for folding your pattern (instead of a postcard)
- Add-A-Quarter Plus 12″ Ruler
- Add-An-Eighth 6″ Ruler – for grading seam allowances
- Add-An-Eight Plus 8″ Ruler
Stop by Sewhooked on the second and fourth Mondays of every month through June for the Paper Piecing Vintage Quilt Along (PPV2017)!
Get the complete Paper Piecing Vintage quilt pattern for $10 from…
Want to connect with other quilters working on Paper Piecing Vintage and other Sewhooked projects?
Join the Sewhooked Facebook Group for community, support & prizes! I’ll be there, as will my awesome pattern tester Amber along with many other friends of Sewhooked. We’ll answer your questions and nudge you along if you need it. Joining the group is not required, but it is fun!