It’s possibly unhealthy how much I love chocolate, but there you are!
Ferrero Rocher are one of my favorite indulgences, so much so that my lovely sister gave me a lovely heart shaped box full of them for Valentine’s. I haven’t opened them yet…letting the anticipation build!
A friend of mine shared a recipe for a clone recipe. The original came from Australia (love my Aussie friends!) and asked for packs of nuts and other ingredients without specific amounts included. With my friend’s help, I worked out the “how much” and then gave the recipe my own U.S. touch.
These aren’t identical to Ferrero Rocher, but they’re a darn good facsimile and will be a lovely Valentine’s treat for me and my sweetie!
Faux Ferrero Rocher
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbs shortening
- 1 cup chopped lightly roasted peanuts, chopped
- ½ – 1 cup hazelnuts or macadamia nuts (the real thing uses hazelnuts)
- 1 (13 oz.) jar of Nutella
- miniature muffin tins and liners (approx 1 1/4″ size)
I used Hershey’s, but you can use any combination of milk and dark chocolates.
Add your Sewhooked-related photos to my flickr group and you might be featured in a future post.