Giraffe, Again

March 12, 2012

Giraffe, free on Craftsy!

Oh, hello Giraffe!

Mr. Giraffe wants you to know that it was his turn for an update. He was a little bit too complex before and there was just something missing for that added “cute.”

After drafting and playing with colors, I realized that extra something was French Knots. Horns, check. Eye, check. How fun!

Giraffe

For the most up to date version of this pattern, get it free on Craftsy!

a free 5″ paper pieced pattern

More Free Quilt Patterns

Giraffe

Giraffe replaces my original giraffe pattern, seen here as pieced by shaebay.

Giraffe 4 x 4

And, of course, a free pattern post would not be the same without a fun layout created EQ7! How about four giraffes and some fun sashing and cornerstones to create a unique and fun wall hanging?

Reminders:

In honor of my participation in the STITCHED Tutorial Blog Hop, get 15% off your TOTAL PURCHASE from the Sewhooked Shop during the month of March with coupon code MARCH15
. Not valid on etsy or craftsy.

Paper Pieced Pattern-A-Day Garden Party Blog Hop

The Paper Pieced Pattern-A-Day blog hop is coming April 1, 2012! We have a full compliment of designers ready to share awesome free paper pieced patterns with you! I’ve already seen several of the blocks and they are all fantastic…just you wait!

Add your Sewhooked-related photos to my flickr group and you might be featured in a future post!

Lean to paper piece from me: Register Now for STITCHED!

Shop Sewhooked and help keep the free patterns free!

FB | SHFB | Flickr | Twitter | Bloglovin | Craftsy

1. March 12, 2012 13:14

Will we still be able to get the older version of the giraffe? I don’t always want cute.
    Hugs!

• March 12, 2012 13:17

If you need the old pattern, I’m happy to email it to you, but it won’t be available on the website anymore. It’s kind of a mess!

2. Carol Moler permalink
    March 12, 2012 18:18

Jennifer,
    Mr. Giraffe is too fun. I’ve been thinking about giraffes lately since they are a favorite of my husband.
    Thank you for sharing the pattern and your gifts!
    Carol

• March 13, 2012 08:14

Thanks, Carol! It’s always fun for me to go back to an older pattern and see what I can do to improve it. He sure was fun to play with!

As always, it is my pleasure. :)

3. Claire permalink
    September 9, 2013 17:10

I’m sorry, but I printed the pattern and am confused…do all the different numbers represent a different fabric? And should I be cutting on the light gray line or the outer black line? And does this make a finished giraffe that fits in a 5″ square or should I have blown this up to make a bigger one?

4. Greta permalink
    January 10, 2014 12:38

Hi Jennifer~ Is there a way I can obtain permission to copy this pattern in an enlarged format? I would use it only to make a gift for my sister, who just returned from Africa and is enamored for giraffes. My eyesight isn’t quite as good as it was, and a touch of arthritis sometimes makes handling small pieces difficult. Thanks for your generosity in supplying the pattern and your consideration of my request.