Welcome, welcome! I’m Jennifer and I’m happy you’re here!
Included here are my published works, including patterns, features and mentions, as well as products that use my designs. I’ve also included a little personal information like where I teach and volunteer.
This list is ever changing, so I apologize for any omitted information or errors.
- American Patchwork & Quilting Podcast, December 7, 2015
- Instructor, STITCHED, 2012, Paper Piecing Art: Beginner & Beyond
- Guest Blogger on The Learning Center, hosted by Pat Sloan: Quilting Types and Styles (paper piecing), March 6, 2012
- The Linus Connection – webmistress (2003 – present) and current Board Member
- Cut Out + Keep, Featured Member, October 2014
- Instructor, The Stitching Studio, 2013
- Craftsy Featured Designer, April 8, 2013 (article no longer available)
- Instructor, Honey Bee Quilt Store, 2010 – 2012 (paper piecing)
- Austin Area Quilt Guild – Gift of Quilting Instructor (photo), 2011; Member
- Guest Blogger on Quilting Gallery – February 2, 2009
- Terminus Creative Review Board – vetting board profile (2008)
Published…this includes work published by someone other than myself.
Paddlin’ on page 20, Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks, Vol. 13! (Summer 2016)
Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks, Vol. 14, Bettie’s Bikini (pg. 22)!
You’ll find this red-wearing fella and his sleigh full of presents on page 19 of Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks, Vol. 12. Winter, 2015
Quilts from 100 Blocks, Fall 2015, Jewels of the Wind Quilt
Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks, Vol. 11, Spring 2015, Sandbox Sisters
Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks, Vol. 10, Fall 2014. Jewels of the Wind.
Quiltmaker‘s 100 Blocks, Vol. 9, Spring 2014, Yum Yum Strawberry Cake & Happy Cake Placemats
Quilts from Quiltmaker‘s 100 Blocks, Fall 2013. Corn Maze,
Quiltmaker‘s 100 Blocks, Vol. 7 (May 2013). Lemons Into Lemonade (block) & Make Lemonade (quilt)
Quiltmaker‘s 100 Blocks Vol. 6 (November 2012), Scarecrow Surprise (block)
Quiltmaker‘s 100 Blocks, Vol. 5 (May 2012), May Showers (block) & 100% Chance of Showers (quilt)
Braided Kaleidoscope, Fat Quarterly E-Zine, Issue 8.
Strawberry Ice Cream Baby Blanket, Published on Knit Picks March 12, 2010
You can find one of my recipes and one of my quilting stories in the Quilting Gallery’s Quilter’s Cookbook on pages 100-101.
Craft Corps: Celebrating the Creative Community One Story at a Time – a book by Vickie Howell (my crafty profile is on page 132), May 2010 (official website)
The Ultimate Guide to the Harry Potter Fandom – a book by Erin Pyne (official website), 2010 (Harry Potter quilt featured)
Design – Quilting and Paper Piecing
(Events I’ve designed for)
Participating Designer: all events hosted by Fandom In Stitches.
Participating Designer: EQ7 Seasons Row Along, hosted by Seams to Be Sew
Designer: Sweet Skating Sue Paper Piecing Mini Quilt Swap, hosted by The Quilting Gallery.
Participating Designer: Spring Fling & Something Wicked this Way Comes, hosted by Whims and Fancies.
Participating Designer & Host: Paper Pieced Pattern-A-Day Garden Party Blog Hop
The Project of Doom (see video about this quilt). Read more about my Harry Potter quilt life. Designed, pieced and embroidered by me, quilted by Shannon Shaw, Rock Creek Quilts. Free patterns available through Fandom In Stitches under Harry Potter.
- 2012 AAQG Winner: Judge’s Choice
- 2012 AAQG Winner: Creativity, Large Quilt
- 2012 AAQG Winner: Honorable Mention, Two Person Quilts
- Displayed at Hennig House Quilts for the Pfluerville Area Quilt Show, April 28, 2012.
My Magical Lens – A Harry Potter Quilt
- Phoenix Rising in New Orleans, LA, May 2007
- Hill Country Bookstore, Georgetown Texas, July 2007
- craftster’s Best of 2007
- threadbanger.com article Bring Back The Quilt
- Craft Blog
- Craft Borg Podcast (Episode 17)
- WeaslyCast Podcast (Episode 6)
- Honey Bee Quilt Store – April 2011 (shown during the Bluebonnet Patchwork Trail Shop Hop)
- Craft Blog (May 25, 2011)
- The Daily What – Kickass Quilt of the Day May 24, 2011
- Geekologie (May 25, 2011)
- The Uniblog (May 25, 2011)
- Trendsetter (May 2011)
- Anglotopia – Crazy Awesome Harry Potter Quilt (May 2011)
- Fail Blog WIN – Harry Potter Quilt Win (June 2011)
Articles, Features, Etc.
- Hiding from the Muggles article in The Daily Texan, February 21, 2007
- The Linus Connection Creates Blankets of Love for Kids, Round Rock Leader (as webmistress for The Linus Connection)
- Featured Crafter of the Month, The Leaky Cauldron, November 2009
- craftster messenger bag challenge winner (Gryffindor bag)
- The Leaky Cauldron’s Viva Las Vegas Craft Contest – second place (Ravenclaw & Gryffindor bags)
Blanket Stitched Christmas Stocking Ornament
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle a Thrift Store Sweater
- The Craft Gossip Blog Network – Recycled Crafts Thrift Store Sweater Bag, January 27, 2009
T-Shirt Reconstruction: Reverse Applique Window
- How To Recycle Clothes on Squidoo
- Free Patterns on the Honey Bee Quilt Store Website (reposted with permission)
- TARDIS Newsroom Pick of the Blogs, Oct. 23, 2010
- From Trick-or-Treating to TARDIS Easter Basket, Geek Crafts April 2012
- CRAFT blog
- Cut Out + Keep featured craft (screen cap)
- Daily Crocheter‘s free pattern of the day
- TipNut.com: Crafters Medley: 25 Neat-O Projects To Make (March 2009)
- Featured Project – Cut Out + Keep (Oct. 2009)
- Craft Gossip (May 23, 2011)
Freezer Paper Stencil Tutorial (text version)
This particular tutorial is referenced so much, there really is no way for me to post all the links! I will do a few of the “big” mentions here.
- Tutorial Tuesday on Twilight Crafts (Dec. 8, 2009)
Ministry of Silly Walks Stenciled Tee (stencil)
- “The Cake Is A Lie stenciled tee – CRAFT Flickr Pool Weekly Round-up (July 3, 2011)
Mirror of Erised Mural (as seen on The Leaky Cauldron)
- Entertainment Weekly – 25 Essential Fan Sites (uncredited)
- Featured project on cut out + keep, week of January 11, 2008
- listed in popular projects on cut out + keep (January/February 2008)
- Pick of the Blogs, July 25, 2009 on TARDIS Newsroom
- Tutto su Harry Potter on Pane Amore E Creativita (All About Harry Potter)
- Little Cedars PTA Newsletter, September 5, 2007
Chocolate Saucepan Cookies, a.k.a. Cow Patties
- Featured Project on Cut Out + Keep (unknown date)
- sign outside BookPeople on Austin Schmap
- Dear Jane Quilt from the Austin Area Quilt Guild Show (2008) on dearbabyjane
Great work! I’m definitely going to follow your updates