Something (not so) Wicked…

October 16, 2012

Welcome friends, old and new!

Halloween is one of my favorite times of year…

Candy!

Costumes!

Candy!

Scary movies!

Candy!

Wait, did I already say that? ;)

TODAY is particularly special to me because it is my very best friend’s birthday!

*throws confetti*

Happy birthday, Jewells!

Trick or Treat Sue

>>> Trick-or-Treat Sue <<<

10″ paper pieced
free for your personal & non-profit use

In celebration of Soma’s fabulous Halloween-themed hop, I’ve created a pattern just for you in one of my absolute favorite themes: Sunbonnet Sue!

I love her so much, she and her friends have their own page here on Sewhooked!

This little Sue has dressed up like a witch and has headed out to trick-or-treat!

Is that candy I see in her pumpkin?

Trick or Treat Sue - EQ Version Trick or Treat Sue

From concept to block: EQ7 version on the left, in fabric on the right!

Tip: Reduce your pattern by 50% to create a 5″ block!

Spiderweb Sue Purple Trick or Treat Sue

How fun is she with a variety of different patterns?

Tip: Want your Sue to face the other way? Just print your pattern in mirror image!

Something Wicked This Way Comes Blog Hop Prize

Make Trick or Treat Sue and share her with my flickr group for a chance to win this fun prize pack! Winner receives Pumpkin Coasters donated by Jewells, an autographed copy of Quilt Sampler magazine, courtesy of Honey Bee Quilt Store, a featured store in this issue and a sweet Halloween bag of fat quarters!

Winner to be announced on Tuesday, October 30, 2013. Only photos shared via flickr are eligible to win.

More haunted fabric-y goodness…

A Little Haunted Wall Hanging
A Little Haunted, also available on Craftsy!

Zombie

Zombie!  Part of Sunbonnet Sue’s Magical Friends, Set 1: Monster Madness. Also available on Craftsy.

This complete set is one of the featured blog hop prizes on Whims & Fancies! Be sure to check out the details there.

Have a very Happy Halloween season…and thanks for stopping by!

Santa and His Bag

Featured Pattern: Santa and his Bag, just $2 on Craftsy!

Sewhooked Shop | FB | SHFB | Flickr | Twitter | Bloglovin | Craftsy | Etsy Shop

1. Paige Johnson permalink
    October 16, 2012 07:03

Oh my goodness I LOVE this pattern!!!!!! It is so CUTE! I happen to be checking my email and saw your post pop up. Happy Day Off Jen!!

________________________________

2. October 16, 2012 07:14

Adorable block! Thank you for sharing, I look forward to making it :)

3. Jevne permalink
    October 16, 2012 09:00

She is just too cute! Great job.

4. October 16, 2012 09:08

Ohhh I love this one !! She is so cute. Thank you so much.

5. October 16, 2012 10:28

This is so adorable,, I am making her today and I will share on flicker, it reminds me of my granddaughers.. thank you for sharing

6. October 16, 2012 10:44

Oh Jennifer, she looks so cute in those different colors! Thank you so much for sharing the pattern.

A Very Happy Birthday to Julia!

7. MoeWest permalink
    October 16, 2012 10:52

So much cuteness! I love it! Thanks for the pattern.

8. October 16, 2012 16:56

I love this little Sue! I think the pattern has 2 F’s labeled, and the section with her hand and a bit of the pumpkin strap should be the E piece…. is this right…..

Susie
    legato1958@aol.com

• October 16, 2012 17:00

Yep, you’re right! Sorry for the typo!

• October 17, 2012 07:23

No worries :) I have her finished! Check out your Flickr group! She is fun to make!! I am going to make the skating Sue next. Keep making more Sunbonnet Sue’s !! :)

9. October 16, 2012 20:26

Love your Witch. I’m not a Sue fan, but I do love Halloween. I had seen a few of the Blog Hop blocks, but didn’t realize it was a month’s worth until I saw your block. Seeing all the other cool blocks, I’m going to have to make this sometime. Can’t wait to see the rest of the blocks.

10. October 18, 2012 07:21

I just posted my Trick or Treat Sue in your Flickr group. I realy loved making this one and I love this block. I also showed her today on my own blog. Thanks again for this beautiful block !!

11. Debbie permalink
    October 26, 2012 04:26

Jennifer.. thank you so much for the Monster Patterns. Going to do the Frankenstein monster this weekend. :) I’m excited because he will fit perfect with my other blocks. I’ll post a picture when I am done.

12. October 29, 2012 15:03

I love this little witch – adorable :)

13. October 9, 2013 19:44

Me encanta, parece muy fácil de realizar, muchas gracias por compartir.
    Cariños,