Combine the joy of spring with the joy of quilting and you have one of my all time favorite combinations!
How about Three Eggs (pictured above) made in happy spring colors or prints? Three Eggs was created for my friend Cat, who loves chickens and is putting together a wonderful chicken/barnyard themed quilt!
Once you’ve scrambled your eggs, why stop there? There are loads of great paper pieced patterns that would translate to a happy spring quilt or wall hanging!
Spring & Easter Themed Patterns:
- Patchpieces – find a basket, an easter egg, butterflies and a chick
- Winnowing by Christine Thresh – scroll to the bottom of the page for Posy Pots, morning glory and Baby Chick with Easter Eggs
- Paper Panache Guest Patterns – Spring Nosegays and Little Rabbit
- Quilt Designs Northwest – Poppy & Calla Lily
- Piece by Number – various flowers
- AZ Patch – baskets and eggs
- Compuquilt – flowers and flower pots
There are so many great free patterns out there and a slew of wonderful quilting books, too. Whatever inspires you, grab it with both hands and enjoy!