Welcome to Day 28 of Sewhooked’s Paper Pieced Pattern-A-Day Garden Party Blog Hop!
Hey, ho, it’s my birthday!
This is a post full of PARTY and PRESENTS for both you and me, so make sure you read all the way to the end!
It’s been quite a birthday month for me, what with the amazing-ness of the Garden Party, being part of the Ties That Bind Blog Tour (giveaways and coupons, oh my!) and Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks and the 100 Blocks Blog Tour both on the way!
TODAY, my original quilt The Project of Doom, is on display at the Pflugerville Area Quilt Show hosted by Hennig House Quilts! If you are in the Austin area, please stop by for this super fun outdoor, non-juried show!
Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks, Vol 5 will be available for sale on May 8. Please support your local quilt shops and go pick up a copy! You can find me on pages 22 and 31!
If you will be in the Austin area on May 12, please stop by Honey Bee Quilt Store to see me! More information on that right here.
And now…what you came for…Garden Party!
My block, Perennial Pleasures, is a reminder to myself to take a few minutes to sit and do nothing, something a dear friend of mine has reminded me on occasion that it is OK to do! We’ve broken out the wine, the table is decorated and the sky is lovely and blue, how relaxing!
For those non-wine lovers out there, I’ve included alternate pattern pieces for a sweet butterfly.
Download the free pattern for Perennial Pleasures
10″ paper pieced, all pieces include seam allowance
Directions for both layouts (wine and butterfly) are included in the free pattern.
Perennial Pleasures with Wine; pattern pages 2-5
Perennial Pleasures with Butterfly, pattern pages 4 – 7
I cannot thank you all enough for making this April one I will never, ever forget! Because of this, I have something to give back to you…
Each and every person that makes a block from my Garden Party pattern, Perennial Pleasures (wine or butterfly), and posts it to the Garden Party flickr group will be entered to win a copy of Electric Quilt 7, courtesy of The Electric Quilt Company.
Yes, you heard that right.
I’m giving away A FREE COPY Of EQ7, the design software that I myself use!
The winner of the drawing will be announced on Monday, May 7 and will be chosen via random drawing using random.org.
Don’t forget, you’ll get one entry for the last Sewhooked prize pack (below) for each Garden Party Blog Hop block you make and share with our Flickr Group. Winner to be chosen in a random drawing on May 1 and the winning photo will be featured right here on Sewhooked! All winners are chosen with via random.org.
Week 4 Prize Pack: Fruit and Flowers Fat Quarters plus The Angler 2!
Previous Blog Hop Posts:
- Soma, Whims & Fancies: Music Notes
- Jennifer, All Things Belle: Summer Sweetness
- Aalia, Joy of Stitches: Garden Gate
- Schenley, Margaret’s Violet
- Megan, Monkey Beans: Garden Party
- Lilja, liljabs: Bluebird
- Jill, Apple Avenue Quilts: Bloom
- Dolores, A Labour of Love: Pimm’s Garden Party
- Kari, Fresh Cut Quilts: Let Them Eat Cake!
- Cindy, Quilt Doodle Designs: Spring Time Blooms
- Amy, During Quiet Time: Pick Violets
- Cat Magraith: Garden Party
- Susan-Claire, GourmetQuilter: Garden Party Munchies
- Cyrille, Bubblestitch Quilts: Yummy Cupcake
- Missy, GraceParfait Creations: Birdhouse
- Gaya, borsedigaya: Posh 20s Lady
- Jessica, Plum Patchwork: Garden Topiary
- Diane, From Blank Pages: Potted Roses
- Cherry, Cherry Blossom Quilting Studio: George
- Vanessa, Crafty Gemini: Mod Mushrooms
- Sonja, Artisania: Vintage Mason Jar Lanterns
- Michele, Quilting Gallery: Patio Umbrella
- Alma Stoller: Colorful Pinwheel
- Benita, Victoriana Quilt Designs: Croquet, Anyone?
- Charise, Charise Creates: Hello Spring Tulip
- Jen, A Quilting Jewel: Garden Party Block
- Denise, Garden Cart
Whew, what a month! Please come back tomorrow for another free Garden Party pattern!
Coming to Sewhooked on May 3!
Sewhooked Shop | FB | SHFB | Flickr | Twitter | Bloglovin | Craftsy
Shop Sewhooked and help keep the free pattern page free!
Register Now for STITCHED and learn to paper piece with my full-length video workshop!